10 Soccer Speed Trainings From Brazil
As soccer players, we need to constantly be developing our Speed, agility and quickness. As you watch top players from all over the world...Neymar, Marcelo, Coutihno...they all have very good balls skills, but are also very quick and agile. Particularly in their first few steps, which are critical to creating separation from your defender. Imagine if you could do a move and fake out your defender, but then leave them in your dust as you speed by. What if you are a defender, who can recover with ease on any player who tries to beat them? That's where we are headed toward.
Use the diagram above for the 10 trainings I'm about to give you. The cones need to be about 1 yard apart on the agility portion, and then sprinting portion needs to be about 10-15 yards. You can do this is in a 5x15 in your own backyard.
Your Kid WILL become the BEST player on your team if you do my TOP 3 Trainings at least once a week. Most players don't put in the effort, it's too much work.
But for those who aren't afraid of hard work, I'm Giving Away (FOR FREE) My TOP 3 Secret Trainings that will make your child the best player on their team.
Soccer Speed Training
1. High Knees Facing Forward (side stepping over cones)
2. High Knees Facing Backward
3. Shuffling Forwards (2 steps inside, 1 step outside)
4. Shuffling Backwards
5. One Foot Sideways Facing Forwards
6. One Foot Sideways Facing Backwards
7. One Foot Facing Front (alternate right and left)
8. 2 Steps Forward 2 Steps Back (Facing Forward)
9. 2 Steps Forward 2 Steps Back (Facing Backward)
10. Shuffling Through, Races (Go 1v1 against another player)
Do each of these Brazilian soccer speed trainings 3 times. This is a 10-15 minute training. If you need a break in between, take it. The key to training soccer speed is to always push yourself, but also make sure you are getting the most out of each run, and not merely going through the motions to complete the task. You will get out of this exactly what you put into it.
Get out and there and Train!