6 MUST Have Soccer Moves for Kids
Here are 6 must have soccer moves for kids who are looking to become top level players. Players need several moves in their tool kits to help them beat defenders, take evasive action away from defenders, shield the ball, and help their team maintain possession. These particular soccer moves for kids can be practiced as a warm-up for training/game or alone in your backyard. I use this training to build technical skill and ball mastery as part of my warm-up. This training only takes 5-10 minutes, but the repetitions held to build muscle memory and comfort on the ball that will aid you long term in your developmental process.
Here are the 6 Must Have Soccer Moves for Kids:
1. Pull Back- Use this to quickly change direction and take evasive action.
2. Pull Back, Outside of the Foot Getaway Touch- Change direction, then use the outside of the foot touch to create separation from a chasing defender.
3. Outside of the foot cut- Take 2 outside of the foot touches to change direction and shield the ball from defenders.
4. Inside of the Foot Chop/Cut- The cut is the best way to make a defender miss and change direction.
5. Stepover- Use a quick stepover to fake out defenders and go by them.
6. Cruffy Turn- The cruyff turn (named after Johan Cruyff) is when you fake a shot and pull the ball back. This is a good move to use when you are trying to get off a cross or create space to get a shot off.
Make sure to practice these soccer moves for kids at game speed. If you are training by yourself, do 2-3 reps then give yourself a rest. The key is always in the quality not the quantity when performing these moves. All you need is 2 cones and 5 yards of space to practice these moves. Once you master them, they will be in your toolkit forever and you will be able to beat any defender or maintain possession for your team.
Get out there and train.